Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tech-savvy friends, please help...?

I had this AVG antivirus free edition with me ,which was quite



helpful as it helped me detect lots of viruses in my system. In fact, it has now proved to be as 'too helpful'.This is why.



AVG creates a vault, i hope you know all this, where the viruses are made a back-up so that they dont hurt the system. The vault is created in all local drives. Normally, i first move the viruses to the vault first and then delete them manually.



This time,a file -config.ini, if my memory is correct, was seen in the vault and i deleted it to the recycle bin from the vault without knowing that it was a system file. And guess what, my system doesn't load the OS( i have XP) after a restart. It keeps on restarting after showing the ACER logo.



What should i do in order to get my system working correctly??



Remember i have the config.ini file in my recycle bin and it is not fully deleted from the system.



Anyway i can recover it???



Please dont say i need to format and re-install everything....



Tech-savvy friends, please help...?free antivirus



I am not sure how critical that file is. Try to boot into Safe Mode and do a system restore. If you can not even do that, you should get a option in safe mode to use last known good configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment