Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Anybody help please? My laptop is running really slow and it is driving me MENTAL!!!?

OS is Vista and I'm using AVG Antivirus (free edition). I like AVG but as soon as I switch on, this starts running and it takes well over an hour to run. I can understand this on my desktop PC cos I've got LOADS of stuff on it but I've got very little personal stuff on my laptop as yet. I'll be grateful for any help anyone can give!



Anybody help please? My laptop is running really slow and it is driving me MENTAL!!!?antivirus downloads



Try to check your AVG settings, and disable stuff like scans during startup.



If you want to shell out some money to make it run faster you would probably need to upgrade your comp by getting some more RAM, maybe a new video card, or a external hard drive.



A Recommended External Hard Drive would be a Western Digital My Book. All you need is to plug it into your wall and the plug the USB into your Computer.



Stuff might need to be moved to another drive or deleted



--------------------------------------...



But to make it run faster for free:



Do a disk defragment this compresses your files and data, to access it click Start%26gt;All Programs%26gt;Accessories%26gt;System Tools%26gt;Disk Defragmenter



--------------------------------------...



Also Do A Disk Clean Up



This cleans out old temporary files



To Access it Start%26gt;All Programs%26gt;Accessories%26gt;System Tools%26gt;Disk Clean Up

No comments:

Post a Comment