Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it worth buying, paid version of Anti virus soft for home use pc,?

I am using AVG antivirus free version which is quite useful. Somebody advice me to buy a full version which comprises of anti-spyware, anti-spam ,personal firewall etc. Is it worth ?



Is it worth buying, paid version of Anti virus soft for home use pc,?cafe racer



If you don't have those 3 things already, then yes you should get them. However, there is at least a free version of anti-spyware called Ad-Aware (I think Ad-Aware 2007 is the latest version) that you can get from http://www.lavasoftusa.com .



The thing I like about AVG Free is that it is not a resource hog like McAfee or Norton and it works pretty well (with the occasionaly false positive). If the full version is just as ''lightweight'' then it may be a good purchase (I've never ponied up the cash myself).



Unfortunately I have no recommendations for Anti-spam or personal firewall.



Is it worth buying, paid version of Anti virus soft for home use pc,?free anti virus



yes, it is worth. i do have full paid version of Avast...%26lt;includes spyblocjer, firewall, scripot blocker%26gt;



Kim sorry to burst your bubble, but Windows firewall is a joke
I just got a 2 year retail boxed AVG Internet Security 7.5 on Ebay for $30 delivered. Of course its better. If it wasn't nobody would be buying or recommending it. I love it when people eat up system resouces running 4 different security programs ''because they're free!''
I'm using F-Secure which would cost me a whole lot of money if I didn't have it for free. I guess the biggest thing you get from paying for virus protection is know that if there is a problem you get support right away over the phone. You don't get that with free spyware blasters. Also there is that saying ''You get what you pay for'' but I've used both free and I just got F-Secure and if I didn't have it for free I probably wouldn't be paying for it. Only if your computer is on a network would you need to pay for something like that.
I use AVG Free for anti-virus and Adaware for spyware/adware, and MailWasher for spam, all are free...and havent had any problems. XP has a built in firewall.
I don't really know, because I haven't tried AVG, but I will say that McAfee ain't what it used to be, if it ever was, and ever since Symantec bought Peter Norton's name and used it without his expertise, NAV's been crapware. I inherited a laptop and a desktop, both with expired NAV on them, from the project I worked on from 1998 to 2002. In 2007, I suddenly found that NAV was becoming more aware, even if it was whining that it couldn't do anything about the malware it was finding. (Is that pitiful or what?!)



Anyway, to make a long story short, either the malware or a glitch in the CMOS had set my system clock back to 2002, and apparently this told NAV to do an update on my ''unexpired'' subscription! By reading what NAV was whining about being unable to fix, I was able to use MKS (a Korn shell on top of Windows to supply all the useful UNIX tools Microsoft was too retarded to think of) to ps -ef and kill -9, etc.
I guess yes, I like their anti-virus program. However, download the trail version to make sure the spyware, etc, doesn't conflict with other programs on your computer first.

No comments:

Post a Comment